Types of information that we process
To allow us to deliver our required services we may process different types of information. This includes the information shown below:
If you submit an enquiry to us via either email using a website contact form, GMCA will only keep your data (email correspondence) for 12-months, after which it will be deleted.
To find out what information we hold about you, you need to make a Subject Access Request in writing. If you wish to exercise any of your other information rights please contact us on OfficeOfDPO@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further details on this and your information rights please visit the Information Commissioner’s website (opens in a new tab).
IP Addresses and Analytics
We make use of Google Analytics to collect information including behaviour patterns to improve the content provided to you on this site. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can opt not to enable Google Analytics by accessing your cookie settings via the small cog icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Alternatively, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Otherwise we’ll assume you’re OK to continue using Google Analytics.
Proin iaculis lorem ultrices porttitor efficitur. Fusce non leo ac leo pulvinar viverra. Fusce molestie nulla eget tellus consectetur tristique. Nulla tristique ullamcorper lacus ut mollis. Aenean et quam finibus, gravida metus non, vestibulum nibh. Aenean id tortor faucibus, consequat nunc aliquet, suscipit nisl. Ut ullamcorper, erat quis commodo porta, felis magna consequat nunc, a rutrum risus libero blandit enim. Aliquam commodo tincidunt maximus. Aliquam mi nulla, bibendum sit amet viverra non, mattis interdum lacus. Nunc non cursus dolor. Aliquam vel tincidunt nisi. Suspendisse accumsan metus eget erat suscipit, at dignissim quam imperdiet. Nam sit amet cursus enim.
What Are Cookies
The first of these is by accessing your site settings, using the small toggle icon in the bottom left corner. Here, you will be able to set which cookies you do – and don’t – want to allow.
More generally, you can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the sites you visit.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember that you submitted the form and provide you with a ‘thankyou’ message.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- As we promote this website, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually view particular content, and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and make sure that it remains relevant in future.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org